Chicken Cordon Bleu Florentine

I'm baaaack!  It only took a year!  But I'm getting back in the swing of things, slowly but surely.

Like many of my recipes, this one happened by accident.  I was going for a rolled and stuffed chicken breast, but when I opened the package of chicken, I knew there was no way that was happening.  I bought "thin cut" breasts, not knowing that that meant they'd also be the size of a credit card.  There was no way I was rolling them.  So I topped them instead.  Turned out great.

1 lb. thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
sliced deli ham (I used 5 large slices cut in half)
1 large bag of chopped spinach, cooked with all water squeezed out
1 1/4 c breadcrumbs
2 egg whites
1/4 c light sour cream
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
sliced mozzarella cheese (as many slices as you have pieces of chicken)

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly spray a baking sheet.

Season the chicken to your taste and place on baking sheet.  Top each piece with a slice of ham.

In a large bowl, mix the spinach with the egg whites, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and spices to taste (I heavily spice our food).  Mix well so all ingredients stick together well.

Spoon spinach mixture onto the ham; spread to edges of ham.

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Remove from oven and top each piece with a slice of mozzarella.


 Put back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is done and cheese is bubbly.





Quick, easy and so so good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment