Spinach Artichoke Crab Dip

Last weekend we had a family get-together, a kind of going-away party for my cousin, who is being deployed to Afghanistan with the Marines.  Get-togethers in my family always include food, and lots of it.  I made this up because I couldn't decide if I wanted to make a spinach artichoke dip or an artichoke crab dip.  Why not all three at once?  Seemed reasonable to me.  It was a huge hit with everyone.  There is no picture...I forgot to take one before we left for the party with it.

1/2 package of Neufchatel cheese (or any cream cheese), softened
1 c mayonnaise
1 c low-fat sour cream
1 can lump crab meat, drained
1 (10 oz) bag chopped spinach, squeezed dry
1 can artichoke hearts (NOT marinated), chopped
1/2 c mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly spray or grease a medium sized baking dish.

Combine the Neufchatel, mayo and sour cream in a medium sized bowl.  Add the crab meat, stir well.  Stir in the spinach and artichoke, mixing well to combine.

Spoon the dip into the baking dish, smooth out with back of wooden spoon.  Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.  Bake 15-20 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is golden and bubbly.  Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment